You are purchasing a customized magick candle, containing hand carved symbols, and Ritually Consecrated, by the Witches of New Moon Cottage … following a multi-generation New Orleans family tradition.
This is the real deal – you are not buying a glittery tourist candle!
- Home Blessing. Does your home feel like it has a lot of negative energy in it? Did you just move into a new apartment or home and want to remove the energy of the previous tenants? If so, this Ritually Consecrated candle is right for you!
- Protect Family/Loved Ones – Do you have a family member going through a hard time? Will a family member or loved one be separated from you for a while … and you want someone to look over them? If so, this Ritually Consecrated candle is right for you!
CUSTOMIZE Your Candle: If you want your name, or another person’s name, carved in the candle, please include a note in the “Order Notes” box during checkout.
What’s Included in this purchase:
- One White 7 Day Candle in a glass jar. White is the sacred color of Obatala and is used in asking for his help.
- The following symbols are hand carved into your candle:
- The word “Bless”
- The Veve of Obatala. Obatala is the eldest of all Orisha and protects the family members and homes of those who know how to call upon him.
- Sacred Offering – Your candle will be ritually consecrated with white rice. A small amount of uncooked white rice will be poured into the bottom of the candle during the consecration ritual. It is our sacred offering to Obatala.
- Sorry, we do not provide the specifics of the consecration ritual – it’s a secret family ritual that’s been handed down from one generation to the next.
Allow several days to receive your candle. Your candle will be hand carved, and ritually consecrated, specifically for YOU at the time of your order.
How To Use:
- Write, 8 times, on a piece of paper what you want – be very specific! Write the same thing 8 times.
- Place the glass jar candle on top of the piece of paper.
- Light the candle and say: “I call upon you, Obatala, the protector of family and homes. I call upon you to _____________”(state very specifically what you want). End your sentence with “So Mote It Be”
- Light the candle for 8 consecutive nights in total. Each night it should burn for at least one hour. Not less than one hour. You can burn it longer if want – just not less than one hour.
- After 8 days, you can put the candle away. This candle can be re-used for other rituals. BUT, during an active ritual, it can only be used for one purpose…that which you want most.
Measures 2 3/8 inches wide x 8 inches tall and burns for approximately 120 hours.
Made of 100% Paraffin Wax with a clean burning cotton wick (no lead).
Color pigment may vary from photo.
Never leave a burning candle unattended!